- 22 February 2016 07:25 Vaccine and Detoxification Healing Protocol
- 02 April 2015 10:52 What is the influence of iodine on thyroid function?
- 13 March 2015 10:34 What is Bodytalk and how can it help me?
- 17 February 2015 07:27 Leaky Gut Syndrome: Cannabinoids and the Endocannabinoid System (ECS) as a therapeutic target
- 13 February 2015 08:47 Magnesium and your Brain
The first Weleda Pharmacy was opened by Guy Wertheim Aymes in 1964, in Rosebank, as an outlet for anthroposophical remedies, as most pharmacies were reluctant to stock products such as Weleda and Wala. There are now four Weleda Pharmacies in Johannesburg and one Natural Remedies Centre in Cape Town.
The Weleda Pharmacies cater to a niche market with a new perspective on health. All staff are qualified pharmacists, nursing sisters, homeopaths, dieticians or beauticians. All staff have been trained in nutrition, vitamin supplementation, homeopathy and herbs and have a sound knowledge of conventional therapies and conventional medicine.
The Weleda approach is to focus on the person as a whole, tailor-making a prescription which will include nutritional information, exercise, understanding the illness from a mental and emotional perspective and, of course, natural remedies.
‘We have phenomenal successes,’ says Chamilla Sanua, owner of Weleda Pharmacies, and the Naturally Yours Wellness Centre. ‘We offer all the natural therapies available including Chinese herbs, African traditional herbs, natural cosmetics, a wide range of homeopathic medicine, organic dairy products and foods and, of course, our own range of Food State vitamins, tissue salts, colloidal silver and many other products.’